2013 was interesting year for me. This is a list of things that I did, saw, or experienced this year.
1. Had a bone in my hand snapped by a 6’6″ Romanian
2. Saw Grace Potter, Lupe Fiasco, Lecrae, and Old Crow Medicine Show in concert
3. Saw Star Trek Into Darkness, Ironman 3, Elysium, Lone Ranger, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Thor: The Dark World, Gravity, American Hustle, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, and Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues in theatre.
4. Played indoor soccer at the Premier Soccer Center
5. Finished my first year at LSU
6. Worked at a dude ranch for the summer (Heart Six Guest Ranch)
7. Worked for over 30 straight hours in a kitchen preparing for/working a wedding
8. Saw Old Faithful erupt… twice
9. Wrestled a pig
10. Rode horses in the Tetons
11.Saw a grizzly bear, a black bear, an osprey, a bald eagle, moose, elk, bison, trumpeter swans, pronghorn antelope, beavers, a wolf, foxes, etc. in the wild
12. Saw an osprey and a bald eagle in a midair battle
13. White water rafted while a bald eagle soared overhead
14. Watched Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich contest an all German Champions League Final in a bar overrun with Bayern Munich fans from Germany
15. Washed more dishes this summer than you probably have in your life
16. Made pancakes every Wednesday morning of the summer while staring at The Grand Teton
17. Made or maintained friendships with people from or currently residing in: Cambodia, Turkey, China, Nigeria, Jamaica, Cameroon, Angola, Czech Republic, Germany, Honduras, and Mexico
18. Made road trips to Dallas and Athens to see LSU play TCU and Georgia
19. Changed my major and declared a minor
20. Helped lead a community group
21. Helped serve breakfast one Sunday a month to a homeless community under a bridge
22. Turned 20
23. Rented my first house
I could continue but I’m blanking at the moment.
So… what all did you guys do this year?